Project Control Officer
This role is responsible for assisting the Project Manager with administering and controlling project management deliverables. This includes the administration of the project plan, project documents, time reporting and financial controls; assist in maintaining project schedules, develop and maintain issue logs and project repositories of documents, prepare documents for various recurring meetings including minutes, issue logs, etc., and develop presentation documentation as required for project teams and consolidate program status reports. This role is also responsible for producing month-end project financial reports.
- Assisting the Deployment Project Manager, you will help monitor, control, and administer the project progress and performance and other aspects of project management (risk, time, cost, quality and content management, etc.).
- Support the Deployment Project Managers in developing and maintaining multiple project plans and schedules for carrying out the project, and identify resource and personnel needs,
- Acting as a project administrator on smaller projects, dealing directly with our customers,
- Analyze and identify discrepancies between the estimated, actual time and cost spent on a given project.
- Evaluate cost/schedule/performance key performance and impacts.
- Track project invoicing and payment schedules progress,
- Produce Deployment Project Portfolio Review documentation for the Deployment Team Sr. Director
- Participate in meetings with clients and task members to determine progress of work and identify additional follow up needs.
- Provide general administrative support including monitoring calendar, setting up meetings, making travel and/or meeting arrangements, entering time.
- Ensure project control procedures and policies are executed and functioning according to FleetMind’s Deployment Project Delivery methodology & performance standards for all projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Business or equivalent with 4-8 years of experience in a Project Management environment,
- 3-5 years of professional experience in an IT Project Control Officer role, supporting medium size projects (500,000$ to 2,000,000$).
- Knowledge and experience with IT and/or SW development project administration and management.
- Advanced Knowledge of MS Project
- Hands-on experience working with MS project tools: SharePoint, Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project and Visio
- Essential: Good organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Essential: Strong English written and verbal communication skills,
- Essential: Demonstrate autonomy, initiative, accuracy and precision,
- Essential: Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and to work successfully under pressure,
- Essential: Able to manage one’s time while assisting several Project Managers and multiple projects with tight deadlines,
- Knowledge of key principles of agile, governance and compliance (asset)