Free White Paper
Waste Fleet Safety:
Tips and Tools to Ensure Safe Driving
Every year, an estimated 20 percent of all fleet vehicles are involved in accidents.
The direct and indirect costs of these accidents are tremendous. From insurance premiums to the potential threat of fatalities, serious injury and employer liabilities – safety initiatives are a critical concern for waste fleet managers and senior executives.
While many direct costs of accidents are covered by insurance programs, the following indirect costs can be far more damaging:
- Time and productivity lost due to injuries or related administration
- Resulting increases in insurance rates
- Time and costs involved in replacing vehicles
- Time and productivity lost in terms of vehicle use
- Additional time required for paperwork and accident oversight
- Loss of reputation or negative publicity as a result of accidents or unsafe driving
- Resulting legal costs